I do not believe that a conscience is a more powerful motivator than money, fame or power. Yes, there are some cases where it seems as though some people were driven by their conscience, but I don't think it was actually their conscience that motivated them. Even if the people who did sacrifice their own welfare for a cause or principle were motivated by their conscience, there are still far more incidents of people being driven by money.
They say money is the root of all evil. People's desire for money can cause them to do strange things they wouldn't normally do, to an extent that will make them go against what their conscience tells them. I see so many people today who have a lot of money and fame like celebrities, but do things that obviously weren't their conscience telling them to do. Rich people, I often observe, have no conscience. If they did, they don't anymore. I see this world greatly influencing everyone that if you have money, fame or power, that your life will be better and at its best. As a result of this, I see people doing whatever they can do to get money, power or fame; even if it goes against their own conscience.
It is true that some people have risked everything for a cause, but that doesn't necessarily mean it was their conscience that motivated them to do so. Most people who have risked all that, I notice and believe, was because they wanted to change something because they were tired of the way it was, not because their conscience told them to. Some of those people wanted power to change something. It was not their conscience who told them that it was the right thing and that they should do it.
Overall, I do not agree with the statement that a conscience is a more powerful motivator than money, fame or power. I believe that cause if you look at past history and current history, there are far more examples that money, fame and power is a more powerful motivator than a conscience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment