Saturday, September 12, 2009

Looking foward 10 years.

As a young teen, trying to look into the future is hard. We often are so involved with the here and now, and as being a junior, the farthest we seem to get to is senior banquet and possible colleges we would like to attend. Of course, future plans are connected to what our interests may be as far as majors and what we would like to do as a career.

The beauty of this question is that it can be answered simply or more complicatedly; and best of all, it has many different possibilities.

I have many dreams and goals in my life, that I simply cannot contain it to one ideal outcome. Therefore, I am left with many possibilities for the future.

A dream of mine that I have had since I was 12, is to become a photographer. To my advantage, wanting to pursue that passion offers me every possibility, if I desire it to be. No matter where my location, I still have the ability take pictures, and hopefully open up my own photography shop. Photography is something I see in my future.

Maria's Cheesecake is another possibility in my future. My mother owns a cheesecake shop that I have been involved with since it began. I am quite like my mother and am a "people-person" Being that way and working at that shop for a few years has given me a passion for my mother's work. This is something I could see as a possibility for my future.

Being a woman and having a nurturing side, eventually settling down to get married and having kids are possibilities I would like to see happen. In 10 years, I will be age 27 and it seems a good age to settle down.

There is one factor that does change many possibilities in my future and that is God. He is my biggest passion, and I don't know what he has in store for me in 10 years. So, I cannot quite say where I see myself in 10 years, but merely give you the possibilities I desire. I am ready to do what God has planned for me whether it be in India or Alaska, or even running a multi-million dollar business named Maria's Cheesecake.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome article Joy! I think you would be good at either job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Multi-million dollar buisness sounds like a pretty ok option. But your also a great artist and photographer, ive seen your work. So... who knows maybe you will do both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy, you have a really great eye for photography I can really see you going into that. I can't wait to see what you end up doing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. senior banquet is really something that stands out to me in my plan for the next 10 years. guess we all procrastinate not only our homeworks but also our worries.

    ReplyDelete